Sorry, this coupon is expired
What you’ll learn
- Identify characteristics of lessons learned
- Distinguish between different types of knowledge
- Sequence the steps for conducting lessons learned
- Identify sources of lessons learned
- Recognize best practices for conducting a lessons learned meeting
- Select tools and methods for analyzing lessons learned information
- Recognize effective lessons learned implementation activities
- Recognize elements that should be included in a lessons learned register
- Recognize how best practices and benchmarking support continuous improvement
- Demonstrate your understanding of best practices for collecting, analyzing, and managing lessons learned
- No special requirements or prerequisites are needed to take this course, but some extra reading about projects, project management, project life cycle, organizational project management, project scope, project schedule, project costs, project quality, project human resources and project communications will help.
- Part of the Project Management Professional Certification Course (PMI-PMP)
The Capturing, Analyzing, and Using Lessons Learned (PMI – PMP) is course 4 of 28 of the Project Management Professional Certification Program (PMI-PMP). The course is aligned with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK6) developed by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Every project comes with its own unique challenges. There is valuable learning that takes place as project team members solve problems and persevere through challenges to meet their objectives. Lessons learned can serve a dual purpose. First, the new knowledge can be incorporated into the current project, resulting in fewer mistakes, lower costs, more accurate estimates, and many other efficiencies.
The second purpose is to preserve and pass that knowledge and wisdom on to the planning and execution of future projects. In this course, you’ll learn about the basic steps involved in collecting, analyzing, and passing on lessons learned, so that organizations are able to grow and experience superior performance.
1. What are Lessons Learned?2. Managing a Project’s Knowledge Base3. The Lessons Learned Process4. Gather Lessons Learned Information5. Conduct a Lessons Learned Meeting6. Analyze Lessons Learned Information7. Share and Adopt Lessons Learned8. Documenting Lessons Learned9. Tools for Continuous Improvement10. Exercise: Collecting and Utilizing Lessons Learned
Thats it! Now go ahead and push that Take this course button, and see you on the inside!