What you’ll learn
- Introduction to Networking
- Entire networking related to Cyber security
- Fundamentals of Cyber security that will help students to dive in this field
- Careers and job opportunities in Cyber security
- Terminologies – Threat, Vulnerability, Incident, Management, Attacks, Exploits, Events
- Roles in Cyber security – CISO, CISM, CISA, Penetration Tester, Incident Response Teams
- Fundamentals of Cryptography
- Learn about different Cyber security organizations – NIST, NSA, SANS Institute, OWASP, CISCO
- A brief overview of malware and its types
- Different Types of Attacks and world famous cyber attack examples
- Overview of Security Audits and Frameworks
- Self Evaluation through quizzes
- IMPORTANT – You should be enthusiastic to learn Cyber Security
- Be able to understand English
- Basic knowledge of Computers
- Rest everything leave it to us, we will take you from novice to expert!
The growth in the technological field is exponential. Day by day, the IT sector is flourishing to a greater extent. With such rapid growth, the need for security is also increasing. People have started becoming concerned about their privacy. Cybersecurity issues are becoming a day-to-day struggle for businesses. Recent trends and cyber security statistics reveal a huge increase in hacked and breached data from sources that are common in the workplace. With these growing trends, every individual must be aware of security and that is why you should go for this course!
Most of the people are often confused when they are asked – WHAT IS CYBER SECURITY? The most common reply is – UM, HACKING. Well, hacking is part of cyber security but it really doesnt mean that hacking is the synonym of cyber security. Many courses out there are only focusing on the practical approach of cyber security – HACKING. Well, hacking is not the only domain of cyber security. There are other domains also, for example Incident Response Team, Blue team, Security Audits, IT Security Management, Security laws and many more. In order to start practicing hacking, you should first know the concepts! You should understand how the world is dealing with cyber threats. HACKING is not the only coolest thing here. There are other security topics as well.
!!!! Hackers attack every 39 seconds, on average 2,244 times a day. !!!!
So are you sure that your data is well protected from these hackers? Have you even configured your network to maintain your privacy? Do you know how hackers can gain access to your devices without you even getting notified? Well, dont worry! We are here to answer these questions. There might be many questions in your mind regarding this course. We will surely address all of them once you enroll for this course, but for the time being, well focus on the following questions:
- WHY SHOULD I LEARN CYBER SECURITY?
Lets face it. We live in a digital world. Our work lives, personal lives, and finances have all begun gravitating toward the world of the internet, mobile computing, and electronic media. Unfortunately, this widespread phenomenon makes us more vulnerable than ever to malicious attacks, invasions of privacy, fraud, and other such frightening cases. Thats why cyber security is such a vital part of a secure and well-ordered digital world. Cybersecurity keeps us safe from hackers, cyber criminals, and other agents of fraud.
But let me ask you a question,
- HOW GOOD IS YOUR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT CYBER SECURITY?
Here are some facts that would blow up your mind!
- According to Varonis, Worldwide spending on cyber security is forecasted to reach $133.7 billion in 2022.
- Data breaches exposed 4.1 billion records in the first half of 2019.
- Symantec says, the top malicious email attachment types are .doc and .dot which make up 37%, the next highest is .exe at 19.5%
These are not just facts but they are warnings! Everyone who is accessing a device should be aware of their security and that is why we have designed this course. Okay, here comes the next question.
- UM, OKAY! BUT WHY SHOULD I ENROLL FOR THIS COURSE?
The perfect answer to this question would be – Have a look at our curriculum. THE FUNDAMENTALS OF CYBER SECURITY, is the first part of our CYBER SECURITY SPECIALIZATION. In this course, we have covered right from the basics of computer networking to the advance concepts such as cryptography, security auditing, incident management. Yes, we have actually started from the definition of a Computer Network. Our course is broadly divided into seven sections. In the first section we have covered the basics of networking. We have discussed different protocols and their usage. We have talked about IP addresses and their classes and a lot of things which are important from the point of view of cyber security.
Bonus Material – We have included practicals also!
From the second section we are actually talking about cyber security. Right from the history of cyber security to different terminologies have been discussed in this section. We have designed the curriculum in such a way that even a novice can understand cyber security and we are so sure that this course would actually give a better idea of cyber security. You will learn about critical thinking and its importance to pursue a career in Cyber security. You will also learn about organizations and resources to further research cyber security issues in the Modern era. This course is intended for anyone who wants to gain a basic understanding of Cyber security or as the first course in a series of courses to acquire the skills to work in the Cybersecurity field as a Jr Cybersecurity Analyst.
We recommend you to watch our introductory video where we have discussed the entire syllabus 🙂 Have a look at few highlights from our course.
- Handpicked curriculum, specially designed for all levels of learners.
- Continuous assessment through challenging quizzes
- Get your questions answered within 48 hours
- A variety of resources such as useful links, books, PDFs are also provided
- Regular updates related to cyber security
- Exploration of different aspects of Cybersecurity
- Practicals are also included along with theory
- You will understand how cryptography works in real life
- Concepts such as firewalls, antivirus, cyber attacks are also discussed and Many more.
- We encourage suggestions
- WHO CAN ENROLL FOR THIS COURSE?
This course is not intended for a specific group of people. Anyone who wants to learn about cyber security can enroll for this course. If you already know about security, you can always revisit the ideas and clear your doubts if you have any. We have not only covered the technical topics but also included all the statistics as well. For example we have discussed the scope of cyber security along with the career insights and also the salaries of different job roles in this field. This course will help you to decide whether you want to become a Penetration tester or security auditor or Red Team Specialist.
In short, this is the perfect course if you want to kick start your career in cyber security!
BOTTOM LINE –
Once you move ahead in this course, you will get a clear idea about cyber sec. The way we have put all the things together helps the learner in creating an interest in this field. We would like to assure one thing to you – THIS COURSE WILL LITERALLY TELL YOU EVERYTHING ABOUT CYBER SECURITY.