FREE FOR LIMITED TIME
What you’ll learn
- Learn to put html/css/js/images in Arduino code super fast
- Learn simple minification for improving server performance
- Learn to use Gzip compression for improving server performance
- Learn to use HTTP headers properly
- Will be able to apply learned technique in few minutes
- You should know how to program ESP8266 with Arduino IDE
By usingGZIP compression, wecan reduce bandwidthusage, can increase server speed,andefficiently utilize smaller memoriesthat are issues of prime importance when we are dealing with someembedded platformlike ESP8266.
In this course, you will learn all about ESP8266 web server optimization for better performance and optimum utilization of available resources like program and data memories.
I’ve added some basics like how to add HTML,CSS,JS and graphic contents in ES8266 Arduino sketch,you will find it as simple as ABC even if you are atbeginner level.
If you have already developed some embedded webserver, you will be able to improve its performance by utilizing techniques learned in this course.
Here are key points you will learn
- How to add web contents like html/css/images etc in Arduino sketch
- How to do simple minification of server contents
- How to use Gzip compression on minified contents
- How to use proper HTTP headers in Arduino sketchfor caching static server resources
- How to use SPIFFS as server contents storage space to allow allprogram memory space to be utilized by Arduino sketch.
You will also be able toutilize thiscompressiontechnique with any embedded platformlike Arduino Ethernet/Wifi shields,Mbed, PIC18F97J60 (or any other Microchip Ethernetcontroller like ENC28j60), STM32F407 (or any other STM32 controller) etc.
To sum up, you will be able use GZIP compression whenever you are coding in C/C++ for any embedded platform, and right now, we are going to test it on Espressif ESP8266 SoC.
This is going to be real simple but many people have no idea how to do it, and I’m sure anyone can learn it in few minutes.
Please note that this is not aweb development course, rather it will teach you best and easiest possible way tohandle web contents in Arduino Sketch.
You will get complete webserver code and Arduino sketch that you can modify according toyour requirements. Please check introductory lecture that shows how this webserver works.
Which ESP8266board youneed for testing as there are many available?
You may use anyESP board that have multiple IO pins, not necessarily Nodemcu.