What you’ll learn
- Why write and publish a book
- Why self-publish your book
- Why you should self-publish a Kindle eBook via KDP
- Why self-publish your book exclusively on Amazon
- Why self-publish a Print on Demand (POD) Paperback via Amazon
- When you should self-publish outside of Amazon
- Why you should not self-publish and audiobook via ACX
- This is an introductory course with no requirements
This short course provides a free introduction to the business of self-publishing for beginners. This course is intended for those new to self-publishing in search of advice regarding the complexities of the self-publishing process. The course provides answers to the most common novice questions including:
- Why publish your book
- Why pursue self-publishing instead of traditional publishing
- Steps to self-publishing a book
- Where you can self-publish your book
- Why you should self-publish your book exclusively on Amazon
- Benefits of entering the Kindle Select program
- Why self-publish a Print on Demand (POD) paperback
- When to self-publish your eBook everywhere through Smashwords
- Why you should not publish an Audiobook through ACX
After finishing this course you will understand the self-publishing process, your publishing options and which of those options are the best for you.
The course concludes with an article providing pointers to additional Udemy courses explaining how to self-publish a book in multiple formats and on multiple book distributor sites, options for creating a book cover and book marketing tips.
Before attempting to self-publish a book, you need to watch this course!
I’ll see you in the classroom,